Chia is actually a member of the mint family and native to Mexico. Chia seeds are consumed like whole grains, but they’re a pseudo grain. That means they’re the carbohydrate-rich seeds of a nongrass plant. When chia seeds encounter liquid, they expand and form a thick gel.
Chia seeds were said to be a staple of Aztec and Mayan diets, but were later banned because of their ritualistic religious use. Over the last century or so, they’ve enjoyed a minor following, but recently made a comeback on the market as a potential superfood.
11 Proven Health Benefits of Chia Seeds
- Chia Seeds Deliver a Massive Amount of Nutrients With Very Few Calories
- Chia Seeds Are Loaded With Antioxidants
- Almost All the Carbs in Them Are Fiber
- Chia Seeds Are High in Quality Protein
- The High Fiber and Protein Content in Chia Seeds May Help You Lose Weight
- Chia Seeds Are High in Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Chia Seeds May Lower Your Risk of Heart Disease
- They’re High in Many Important Bone Nutrients
- Chia Seeds May Reduce Blood Sugar Levels
- They May Reduce Chronic Inflammation
- Chia Seeds Are Easy to Incorporate Into Your Diet
HOW TO USE CHIA SEEDS
An effective way of consuming this superfood is to soak the seeds in liquids so they swell up and digest faster.
- Add them in baking
- Add them in juices, smoties, pudings etc
- Add them in water based drinks
Weight Loss Recipe
- 1 Tbsp of Chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp of Lemon Juice
- 1Tbsp of Honey
- Fresh Mint Optional
- 1 1/2 cup of Water
How to Do:
- Soak Chia seeds in water for half an hour after that remove extra water from them,then add it in your blender add honey, add lemon juice and 1 Glass of water then mix it till it turns in to a homogenous white cloudy drink.
- Or If you dont have blender just mix all the ingrediants and drink it.
- Add this in your diet for continuous 15 days then take 2 days gap and then for 15 days more.
- Take this drink before breakfast for optimum Weight loss results.
The Bottom Line
Chia seeds are not only rich in nutrients, omega-3 fat, antioxidants and fiber but also easy to prepare. People commonly add them to their porridge or smoothies.
Studies suggest that they have various health benefits, ranging from weight loss to reduced inflammation.
If you don’t eat chia seeds already, you should definitely consider adding them to your diet. They’re among the few superfoods worthy of the title.
Storage Info: Refrigeration not required. Store in a cool, dark, dry place.
CAVEMAN ORGANICS ™
Distributed and packed by Caveman Organics PVT LTD.